GoDaddy is one of the leading and reputed hosting providers worldwide, hosting over 18 million websites and having more than 7000 employees worldwide. GoDaddy India
History of GoDaddy.com:-
GoDaddy was founded in 1997 in Baltimore, Maryland by entrepreneur Bob Parsons. In 1994 Parsons sold his financial software service company- Parsons Technology to Intuit for $65 million. In 1997 he launched Jomax Technology which later came to be known as GoDaddy Group Inc. In 1999, a group of employees at Jomax Technologies were brainstorming and decided to change the company name and then GoDaddy came into existence. Go Daddy’s original logo featured a cartoon-styled man with messy hair wearing sunglasses. In January 2020, Go Daddy unveiled a new logo with a simple, sans-serif type accompanied by a heart-shaped design that spells out “GO”
In 2001, soon after Network Solutions was no longer the only place to register a domain, GoDaddy was approximately the same size as competitors Dotster and eNom. In April 2005, GoDaddy became the largest ICANN-accredited registrar on the Internet .As of 2018, GoDaddy is the world’s largest web host by market share, with over 62 million registered domains. In March 2018, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced that GoDaddy was migrating the vast majority of its infrastructure to AWS as part of a multi-year transition.
Also in January 2013, GoDaddy announced that it had teamed up with OfficeMax to offer the first-ever retail store sales of domain names. Given that GoDaddy receives many of its registrations from small and medium sized businesses, it was teaming up with the business supplier and retailer to offer bundles of domain names and other online business services, such as website development.
About the company:-
GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of April 2020 GoDaddy host approximately 18.5 million customers worldwide. It is one of the largest providers of domain name registration and hosting. In 2013, GoDaddy was reported as the largest ICANN-accredited registrar in the world, at the size of four times their closest competitor.
GoDaddy has a lot of services to provide to their customers. With GoDaddy Auctions which is GoDaddy’s own domain marketplace, users can list their domain names for sale or bid on other domain name auctions.
GoDaddy wants to be the one-stop solution in the internet. It provides its customers all one need to set up a website that includes domain registration, hosting etc.
Pros of GoDaddy web hosting:-
- Customers often go for price friendly offers. GoDaddy offers budget friendly offers to their customers. There are a number of discounts that are routinely available through GoDaddy that can make it incredibly affordable to start and maintain a web presence.
- GoDaddy has a good reputation as a provider of domain registration and web hosting services. One can quickly access their account through an easy-to-use online dashboard, speak with customer service quickly if they have some issue.
- Those who are new to website design and creation of content, GoDaddy provides an awesome feature this is one click WordPress installation.
- GoDaddy has included Drupal and Joomla. These are other hosting options that are one click as well.
Cons of GoDaddy web hosting:-
- It might be fast to install a GoDaddy site, but solving problems which may occur can be a different story. There may be up to 48 hours of wait time to receive a response when a trouble ticket is submitted. Each follow-up response may also take more 48 hours, so unless the answer can happen with just one response, it could be weeks to troubleshoot an issue.
- Most companies will restore a website for you without cost. At GoDaddy, the restoration fee can be high. This puts a pressure on the customer to make no mistake and keep the website look as it is.
- There is no live chat support. This also limits one’s ability to interact with customer service. One is forced to contact representatives in ways that are not always convenient.
- GoDaddy only guarantees 99.9% uptime. Other providers extend that out to 2-3 nines [99.99-99.999%], which means more guaranteed time one’s website is available.
GoDaddy has been named “Best Registrar” by DomainNameWire.com, a domain name industry news source, for five consecutive years (2005-2010). For six consecutive years, GoDaddy has also ranked as one of the top employers in the Phoenix-metro area by The Phoenix Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work in the Valley” employee survey.
GoDaddy India GoDaddy India GoDaddy India