Standing in today, web hosting has become one of the important topics that should be discussed accurately. Every individual must be sound about web hosting and what importance it holds on websites. The world today has confined itself to the web. Books are read more online than in paper, shopping is done more from the web than going to the shop physically. Every other thing now has made an alternative place on the web. So to own a website of your own, you must know where to host it. Good market research on the best web hosting providers is important. We bring you that research. We are not here to influence your decision, we are here to give you an insight to the hosting world.
A2 web hosting and Hostgator web hosting are known to be the two most leading web hosting providers currently in the market. Drawing a line of comparison between these is difficult as well as important. So let’s get started with A2 Hosting vs Hostgator
Hostgator Web Hosting
For small business web hosting this provider is another big name and is a mixed bag. It is one of those companies that provide support for all their web hosting plans. It is considered as a world’s leading provider of shared, reseller, VPS (Virtual Private Server), and dedicated web hosting. Because this company is a provider of reseller hosting, most of its customers are web designers or developers.
HostGator launched “HostGator India” their Indian web hosting portal and Indian office in Nasik, Maharashtra. The launch of HostGator India hosting is very helpful for Indian Bloggers & Webmasters as their service is located in India, and their customers will get all Indian support and payment options. Though there is a lot of difference in terms of internal functionality as HostGator India typically offers hosting & domain services from Resellerclub but it offers all features one needs to host their website.
Check out the Hostgator review here.
A2 web hosting
A2 Hosting is a high performance hosting company located in Ann Arbor and founded in 2003. Their fast hosting services range from shared, Virtual Private Service (VPS) hosting, managed VPS, reseller, and dedicated hosting servers. Here’s a review of A2 hosting.
A2 Hosting was founded by Bryan Muthig and it is known for its high-powered and easy-to-use web hosting. Their turbo servers promise up to 20X faster page loads compared to standard hosting. A2’s sole goal is to create and maintain a good web hosting company that the staffs want to use it themselves.
A2 Hosting is a quality Linux Hosting Company. They offer affordable VPS, shared reseller, and dedicated hosting solutions. They offer top-notch, real support from their customer service team they call the Guru Crew. Another aspect that sets them apart from their competitors is their aptitude for remaining n the cutting edge for the technologies that they support (including PHP, MySQL, and many more).
While doing a review on A2 hosting various pros and cons needs to be mentioned which will allow the audience to make a wise choice.
Check out the A2 web hosting review here.
Hostgator vs A2 web hosting in 2023
For your ease of understanding, we will divide the parameters into four parts. Namely
- Pros and cons of Hostgator and A2 web hosting
- Feature, performance, ease of use.
Delving deep into A2 Hosting vs Hostgator comparison
Pros and Cons of Bluehost and Hostgator
The easiest way to compare two hosting is to do its pros and cons. They seem to solve every problem and make the choice easier. So here is the pros and cons of A2 hosting as well as Hostgator.
Hostgator web hosting
Pros of Hostgator
- Total Value Pricing:-
If this web host provider is to have one “killer” feature then it’s their pricing. Sure, GoDaddy or other providers might run a short promo every once in a while. But there is yet to find a hosting company that has –
- Always low renewal prices.
- Regular promotional prices
- The ability to “lock-in” discounts for as long as 3 years.
- Good service and uptime: –
This company guarantees 99.9% uptime (which is 8 downtime hours per year). HostGator promises 24 x 7 x 365 service – and they actually delivered.
- Plenty of storage:-
All plans of this provider come with unlimited storage, although all the files of the customer combined should not be more than 250,000.
- Many programming languages: –
It is of the hosting provider that supports more than one programming languages like PHP, Ruby On Rails, Perl, and Python all are allowed.
- HostGator cPanel & Software Options:-
HostGator cPanel is the software that runs your server’s backend. It’s what you log in to when you want to install a website, etc. Using HostGator cPanel is a huge pro – because it’s open-source (no company owns it), and is sort of the industry standard, so it has tons of documentation, and one can get help anywhere on the Internet in addition to HostGator.
Cons of HostGator Web Hosting:
- Mediocre Website Speed: –
It has always been solidly fine for my small sites on their servers. They have always had plenty of bandwidth and resources to handle traffic surges. HostGator has got the best TTF times for them as compared to other shared hosts. TTFB stands for Time To First Byte. It refers to how fast a server is able to start responding to a request.
- Upsell and customized software:-
Like many other EIG products, it’s backend is packed with unnecessary upsell options. For starters, it has partnerships with many companies that give semi-useful and semi redundant services. It pitches those websites throughout their sign up process.
- Expensive In-House domains: –
It provides domain name along with providing hosting services directly through HostGator cPanel. But they are too expensive.
- Advanced features missing:–
It misses some advanced features, for example, one doesn’t get a staging area and there is no built-in server-side changing system.
Pros of A2 Hosting
- In this age of web audience and multi-device connections, speed plays a vital role. While there are a lot of variables in play with the website speed, it’s primarily the hosting server’s job to send the requested files to the visitor’s browser as quickly and as efficiently as possible. A2 Hosting provides a 2X faster page load compared to other hosting providers.
- Other than speed, A2 Hosting scores well as a globally focused host that can efficiently serve websites around the world. While there are lots of factors in website speed (like TTFB), the physical location of one’s server matters a lot. Requests for information travel over physical wires to a physical server. Even at light speed, distance matters, especially if one owns or maintains a site or if your visitors need to load up many different files. A2 Hosting has its data centers in different parts of the world.
- As mentioned in other reviews customer service is essential and needs to be taken care of. A2 hosting also succeeds in taking care of their customers. They have a phone number front and center. Along with that, they have an extensive knowledge base, live chat, and even Skype access. and does well-triaging requests via social media.
- The major advantage of A2 Hosting is that their focus on hosting features and customizations. They are not only a full-spectrum hosting company with products tailored for nearly every need but they also have a focus on the exact features that one gets with their plans.
Cons of A2 Hosting:-
- First, their renewal pricing is only valid for 2-year plans. If you only want to pay annually – their renewal pricing is a bit higher. Second, their Start-up plan is pretty heavily capped. It’s really suitable for literally one website with no additional use cases.
- A2 Hosting doesn’t include some key “bonus” features that their competitors do include. Things like backups, dedicated IP addresses, “performance”, “priority support” and spam filtering all get bucketed as upsells rather than as pre-packaged features.
- Onboarding is the process of moving a new customer to an active, happy customer. While A2 Hosting has many of the common ingredients for a good onboarding that includes email confirmations, intuitive client area, and standard cPanel – everything in the process of setting up an account with them is not up to the mark.
- Upsells are not inherently a “bad” thing. If presented well, they can be useful. But upsells need to be clear, useful, and presented well. While not as bad as some big brand competitors, A2 Hosting does not do upsells well.
Feature, performance, ease of use.
- Both use the cPanel control panel which is the industry-standard control panel. This is ideal for hosting. Both interfaces are clean and easy to use. But to that, we would like to add that Bluehost has an extra shine.
- Uptime is great in both cases. A2 hosting provides 99.98% and Hostgator provides 99.99%. We all know nobody is perfect. So both these uptimes are pretty okay for running a good website.
A2 Hosting vs Hostgator pricing in 2023
|Shared Hosting||$2.99 – $14.99||$2.75 – $5.95|
|Cloud hosting||–||$4.95 – $9.95|
|WordPress Hosting||$11.99 – $36.98||$5.95 – $9.95|
|VPS Hosting||$25.00 – $50.00||$19.95 – $24.95|
|Dedicated Hosting||$141.09 – $290.49||$119 – $149|
Both providers give a money-back guarantee. For A2 hosting its is a 30-day money-back guarantee and for Hostgator, it is a 45-day money-back guarantee from the time of purchase. These are the rates for the long term.
As per the prices of each plan is concerned A2 is way pricier than Hostgator and both provide nearly the same features. So it is profitable to choose Hostgator.
After doing a complete comparison on A2 Hosting vs Hostgator, it can be concluded that Hostgator is the complete winner.
Be that uptime, price, and services. Hostgator is surely a profit you can make. Your website will be safe and secure with Hostgator without any doubt.