Siteground vs Godaddy
When you are choosing between Siteground and GoDaddy for your website, you might have a few parameters on which you do your comparisons. When it comes to picking the best WordPress hosting we will compare customer service, pricing, security, uptime, speed, and reliability, user-friendly, money-back guarantee, and will make sure to provide you with the best option. Once we will compare Siteground vs GoDaddy we will find out who is the better choice for you.
Siteground Web Hosting
SiteGround is a web hosting company founded in 2004 in Sofia. Recently the company hosts more than 2,000,000 domains worldwide. It is a popular shared hosting provider that offers its users multiple different hosting options. These include WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated servers, shared hosting, and even enterprise solutions. SiteGround domain registration is also provided by the company.
The company has developed software solutions for account isolation, monitoring and reaction, and speed optimization. These were sold under the 1H brand and used by other Linux hosting companies. It uses SSD (Solid-state drives) to store data.
Check out our review on Siteground web Hosting
Godaddy Web Hosting
GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of April 2020 GoDaddy host approximately 18.5 million customers worldwide. It is one of the largest providers of domain name registration and hosting. GoDaddy wants to be the one-stop solution on the internet. It provides everything you need to set up a website that includes domain registration, hosting, and many more. GoDaddy hosting plan provides good, cheap plans with GoDaddy customer support and great features. It has easy to use interface for beginners as well.
Check out our review on Godaddy web Hosting
Siteground vs Godaddy
For your ease of understanding, we will divide the parameters into four parts. Namely
- Pros and cons
- Feature, performance, ease of use.
- Pricing of Siteground vs Godaddy
- Siteground vs Godaddy support.
Delving deep in Siteground vs Siteground comparison
Pros and cons
Siteground web Hosting
- SiteGround plays nearly fair when it comes to their uptime speed. It provides nearly 99.9% uptime speed to its customers.
- Site speed is another important aspect people look for when they choose a host. Fortunately, SiteGround’s average loading time is 673 ms
- SiteGround works well when it comes to customer support service.
- SiteGround provides free site migration for one website. They have created a free WordPress migration plugin that one can upload to any site.
- SiteGround features a full 30-day money-back guarantee on all shared hosting plans
- SiteGround web hosting comes with higher renewal rates compared to its introductory rates.
- SiteGround provides domain name registration as well to its users. But the registration is not free.
Godaddy Web Hosting
- GoDaddy offers budget-friendly offers to its customers.
- GoDaddy is not the fastest web host in the market. But one thing you can be assured of is they have a really good loading speed that will satisfy you.
- GoDaddy has a good reputation as a provider of domain registration and web hosting services.
- For those who are new to website design and content creation, GoDaddy provides a good feature that is one-click WordPress installation.
- Generally late responsive time.
- At GoDaddy, the website repairing fee can be high.
Feature, performance, ease of use
- Starting with a free domain Siteground does not provide free domain in their daily plan whereas Godaddy provides a free domain when you buy web hosting. This is a major advantage you get if you choose Godaddy.
- Now talking about uptime, both have pretty good uptime. GoDaddy boasting 99.97% and Siteground one-upping it with 99.98%. Nobody can have perfect uptime, but these two provide reasonable uptime.
- Both use the cPanel control panel which is the industry-standard control panel. This is ideal for web hosting. Both interfaces are clean and easy to use.
- Godaddy is better feature-rich than Siteground. Siteground has features that fit high-end customers, but Godaddy is ideal for everyone.
Pricing of Siteground vs Godaddy
|Shared Hosting||$6.99 – $14.99||$2.99 – $12.99|
|Cloud Hosting||$80 – $240||–|
|VPS Hosting||–||$19.99 – $74.99|
|WordPress Hosting||$6.99 – $14.99||$4.99 – $24.99|
|Dedicated Hosting||–||$89.99 – $179.99|
Siteground’s plans are more hiked up as it contains more advanced features. Godaddy does not do that. It hikes the price very gently. When we chose a plan we make sure we pay a minimum including the ad on and pay for a period as long as three years. Godaddy enables that efficiently.
Both providers offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so there is a very low risk of getting bound into a contract that doesn’t serve your purpose.
Siteground vs Godaddy support
Good customer help and support are very important in hosting. Since everybody is not highly equipped in technical matters, help from technical experts is a must in hosting.
Seeing the table it can be understood that both provide excellent customer support. Godaddy only lacks in providing tech tickets. Rest everything is fine with both Godaddy as well as Siteground. In customer support, Siteground surely beats Godaddy.
It is really difficult to come to a judgment on who is better, Siteground, or Godaddy. Both serve different purposes and work on different niches. Siteground takes your website to a different level with its high-end features and Godaddy is ideal for beginners with high features and ease of use.
If you are a beginner you should go for Godaddy but if you want to experience high-end hosting choose Siteground.
Check Siteground Web hosting Here
Check Godaddy Web Hosting Here