Hostgator vs Godaddy
When you are choosing between HostGator and GoDaddy for your website, you might have a few parameters on which you do your comparisons. When it comes to picking the best WordPress hosting we will compare customer service, pricing, security, uptime, speed, and reliability, user-friendly, money-back guarantee, and will make sure to provide you with the best option. Once we will compare HostGator vs GoDaddy we will find out who is the better choice for you. For more comparison, you can also read Siteground vs Hostgator comparison or A2 Hosting vs Hostgator comparison.
Hostgator Web Hosting
For small business web hosting this provider is another big name and is a mixed bag. It is one of those companies that provide support for all their web hosting plans. It is considered as a world’s leading provider of shared, reseller, VPS (Virtual Private Server), and dedicated web hosting. Because this company is a provider of reseller hosting, most of its customers are web designers or developers. HostGator launched “HostGator India” their Indian web hosting portal and Indian office in Nasik, Maharashtra. The launch of HostGator India hosting is very helpful for Indian Bloggers & Webmasters as their service is located in India, and their customers will get all Indian support and payment options.
Check out our review on Hostgator web Hosting
Godaddy Web Hosting
GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of April 2020 GoDaddy host approximately 18.5 million customers worldwide. It is one of the largest providers of domain name registration and hosting. GoDaddy wants to be the one-stop solution on the internet. It provides everything you need to set up a website that includes domain registration, hosting, and many more. GoDaddy hosting plan provides good, cheap plans with GoDaddy customer support and great features. It has easy to use interface for beginners as well.
Check out our review on Godaddy web Hosting
Hostgator vs Godaddy
For your ease of understanding, we will divide the parameters into four parts. Namely
- Feature, performance, ease of use.
- Bluehost vs. Godaddy support.
Delving deep in Hostgator vs. Godaddy comparison
Feature, performance, ease of use of Hostgator vs Godaddy
- Starting with free domain Hostgator does not provide free domain in their daily plan whereas Godaddy provides a free domain when you buy web hosting.
- Now talking about uptime, both have pretty good uptime. GoDaddy boasting 99.97% and HostGator one-upping it with 99.99%. Nobody can have perfect uptime, but these two provide reasonable uptime.
- Both use the cPanel control panel which is the industry-standard control panel. This is ideal for hosting. Both interfaces are clean and easy to use.
- Talking about their website builder, Godaddy’s website builder is very smooth, only if it is functional. Hostgator is also no less. It uses its own in-house website builder- Gator.
- In between all these if Godaddy draws everyone’s attention then it’s through his free email scheme. On every shared hosting plan, Godaddy offers Microsoft Office 365 business email, which usually costs $60.
Pricing of Hostgator vs Godaddy
One important parameter is to see which one is cheaper and is good enough. Hostgator and GoDaddy are both safe, reliable hosting options.
|Shared Hosting||$2.75 – $5.95||$2.99 – $12.99|
|VPS Hosting||$19.95 – $39.95||$19.99 – $74.99|
|WordPress Hosting||$5.95 – $9.95||$4.99 – $24.99|
|Cloud Hosting||$4.95 – $9.95||–|
|Dedicated Hosting||$119.99 – $149.99||$89.99 – $179.99|
Price is a very important thing to keep in mind when hosting. Because what is more important is reliable, safe, and fast web hosting. Comparing the plans of Hostgator and Godaddy, it can be concluded that Hostgator provides a bit cheaper yet efficient plans than Godaddy. And above that, it provides Cloud hosting plans which Godaddy does not provide. Godaddy is no less, but when it comes to pricing Hostgator does the job.
Along with this, one thing should be kept in mind that these are not the final price. There are more add ons on these prices. So every plan ultimately stands a couple of dollars higher than it is mentioned.
Hostgator provides 45 Day money back and Godaddy provides a 30 Day money-back guarantee.
Hostgator vs. Godaddy support.
Good customer help and support are very important in hosting. Since everybody is not highly equipped in technical matters, help from technical experts is a must in hosting.
Both offer all the standard supports: 24/7 phone and chat support, and dedicated social media support accounts. One thing that HostGator offers is tech tickets, which is a really useful option to have when your hosting needs hands-on support. Godaddy is devoid of tickets.
It’s again a clean way. Both offer all basic supports: phone support, chat support, knowledge centers. But Hostgator provides extra support i.e. tech ticket. That makes Hostgator a bit escalated from Godaddy.
The clear winner is Hostgator when comparing Hostgator vs Godaddy. When compared in terms of pricing, customer support, overall features Hostgator is always a step ahead of Godaddy. So if you have to choose between Hostgator and Godaddy, go for Hostgator.
Quick points why will you choose Hostgator
- Cheaper than many other hosting providers.
- Faster than many other hosting providers.
- Provide 24/7 live support and tech tickets as well.
- Offers high-security protections to every website.
Check the Hostgator website here
Check the Godaddy website here.