Behind a successful website domain and host contribute equally. There is a simple explanation. Imagine your house to be a website, then the address of your house will be the domain and your house itself will be the web host provider. Similarly, web hosting are computers where websites and their files and documents are stored. It is a service that allows individuals or organizations to create a website or web page on the internet. It works as a storehouse of the website.
How does web hosting works?
To reach a website, once the website address (domain name) is put on the URL browser it changes into IP Address to the web hosting’s computer. This computer contains all the files and documents of that website. Then this computer sends back all the files to the browser.
There is a specialized host providing companies that take charge of our websites. They provide us with computers that store all our data. They are service providers who provide all the technologies required for our website so that it can be viewed on the internet. The computers on which websites are hosted are called servers.
Now to host a website, owning a domain is a must. Without a domain, hosting is not possible. Even if one does not have a domain the hosting companies make sure that their customers buy one.
What do web hosting companies do?
Web host is a service that provides storage space to the websites on a server on the internet and once the website is available on the internet it can be accessed by all users. Now the web hosting companies provide this service. They provide the users with storage known as servers. Once the host providing company hosts the website, it can be accessed by the users by entering the web address on the browser.
How to choose the best web host packages?
The market provides several options. But which one to choose depends on various factors that include, which type of website one plans to host- a blog, an eCommerce portal, a news website and many more as these will decide how much server traffic is expected.
Top 5 web hosting providers:
There are many providers that provide web hosting services. Among them, there are few providers that provide the best services and a good deal. So the best 5 web hosting providers are s
1) BlueHost: –
BlueHost is a web hosting company owned and run by Endurance International Group. Currently, it is one of the biggest web hosts and collectively hosting over 2 million domains. It offers services including shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS (Virtual Private Server), Dedicated Hosting, and WooCommerce hosting. Their servers are powered by PHP 7, HTTP/2 and NGINX+
BlueHost has placed themselves as not only a hosting provider for beginners but also a hassle-free web host provider for the small provider.
Pros of Bluehost :
- The first good thing about this is it is cheap. It provides low rates for hosting services.
- BlueHost is a service provider that provides both domain name and hosting service.
- Their shared hosting plan provides a lot of storage.
- Bluehost won’t limit the traffic that your website can get.
BlueHost Hosting Plans:
Cons of BlueHost :
- The speed that BlueHost provides is not that great. In fact it is very slow compared to other providers.
- BlueHost’s default backup solution is fairly limited.
- As an Endurance company, Bluehost does upsell other Endurance International products, such as MOJO themes, Constant Contact, and partnerships with OptinMonster.
For small business web hosting HostGator is another big name and is a mixed bag. HostGator is one of those companies that provide support for all their web host plans.
HostGator is considered as the world’s leading provider of shared, reseller, VPS (Virtual Private Server) and dedicated web host. As far as technology and product innovation is concerned, HostGator has been able to provide over 8 million of its people with innovative products and services that are designed to meet up the recent business structures. Because HostGator is a provider of reseller hosting, most of its customers are web designers or developers.
Pros of HostGator :
- HostGator provides unlimited storage and bandwidth.
- Customized firewalls against DDoS attacks.
- HostGator provides one-click WordPress installation.
Cons of HostGator :
- Only the clouds and the Managed WordPress plans come with the speed, security, and extra feature.
- When one hosts with HostGator, they should expect some upsells along the way.
Dreamhost is known for doing things in their own way. It provides the best deals on all hosting types, be that shared, VPS, cloud or dedicated.
DreamHost offers aspiring website owners a great starting place. Designed for beginners, their Shared Host plans offer a user-friendly interface and flexible options to fit one’s needs. Whether one is looking to run an e-shop, business website, or killer blog, DreamHost’s Shared Hosting plans can get one’s site set up with professional, customizable themes and must-have plugins. In addition to helping one trick out their website with the best tools and technology, DreamHost offers their customers round-the-clock support, regular updates, and valuable resources.
Pros of DreamHost :
- DreamHost provides unlimited data storage and unlimited bandwidth.
- They host unlimited sites.
- DreamHost provides free domain names and registration with their hosting.
- It provides one-click software installation like WordPress.
Cons of DreamHost :
- There are many features in the DreamHost dashboard that cost extra.
- Premium WordPress hosting requires extra cost.
- DreamHost’s text-based control panel not always as intuitive.
Hostinger is known for providing a low-cost host experience to its users. The uptime, site speed and support of this hosting company are pretty good.
They have servers located in the USA, Asia, and Europe (UK) to ensure maximum speed and data security for their users. All of those servers are connected to 1000 Mbps connection lines that ensure maximum performance as well as stability.
Pros of Hostinger :
Comparatively Strong Uptime Most of the Time
: The service is pretty good at providing strong uptime most of the time. It is not perfect taking into account some downtimes tracked in September 2018 decreasing down to 99.89%, which is not good. On the other hand, the average rate is 99.98% which is good.
Good Page Load Time
– When establishing a high level of users’ experience, the rate is higher. The company has servers located in different types of the world including Europe and the UK in particular, the United States, and Asia.
Enhanced Privacy and Security –
for your web project, free SSL certificates might not be enough to ensure 100% digital security. That is why Hostinger provides additional features that ensure privacy and security.
Comprehensive Support Team
– Hostinger has a multilingual customer support team that is ready to resolve any issue as soon as possible. One can choose from live chat, integrated Intercom features, and other ways to get in touch with support representatives.
Cons of Hostinger :
Live Chat Access
– Every time one needs to contact the support team via live chat, that person needs to be logged in to their hosting account. In other words, one will not be able to use the feature if he/she is not a Hostinger customer.
The Lack of cPanel
– Hostinger does not have a traditional cPanel. Hostinger strives to simplicity at each and every step. It resulted in some obvious drawbacks like the lack of a traditional dashboard. There is a chance that the customer might not appreciate their custom control panel.
HostPapa is a number one web host provider in America and is currently hosting 5. Customers can benefit from a wide range of features and services delivered by a team of experts in various levels ranging from hosting setup and website building to domain registration and marketing
Unlike many other hosting providers HostPapa is a full-cycle company that actually lets its users build, maintain, and promote their business from the ground.
Pros of HostPapa :
- Free Domain -Each user gets a free domain with every hosting plan. Only the user needs an entry package with minimum assets or max resources to power their digital store, the system provides everyone with a free domain.
- Good Uptime– Although many companies strive to ensure 100% of uptime for their customers, it sounds unrealistic. However, HostPapa is near to that with an average uptime rate of 99.9%.
- Round-the-Clock Support– Users may contact the support team 24/7 or access an extensive knowledge base featuring multiple guides and video tutorials.
Cons of HostPapa :
- Page Load Speed could be better– The latest researches depict the page load speed is 759ms. Despite the fact that some platforms offer higher speed, HostPapa is still to beat the industry standard, which is currently 890ms.
- Expensive Plan Renewal–If the users like the hosting and is eager to keep using it, they might dislike the renewal price. It may be twice higher if compared to the initial price tag.